If you're having trouble getting Overwolf's overlay to work in game - this is the right place!
We have prepared a quick and easy troubleshooting guide to help you get the overlay up and running.
Take me to...
- Overlay Enabled for Game
- Game is Installed in an Inaccessible Directory
- Run Overwolf as an Administrator
- 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' Option
- Graphics Rendering API
Overlay Enabled for Game ▾
First and foremost - you should make sure that Overwolf's overlay is enabled for your game:
- Open Overwolf's Settings:
- Search for your game in the 'Overlay & Hotkeys' tab. If you can't see it there, you can try to add it manually (click the '+' icon) or launch it once in order for Overwolf to detect the game's process.
- Make sure the toggle at the right side of the game is on:
Game is Installed in an Inaccessible Directory ▾
Overwolf is unable to detect games if they are installed within the system's C:\Windows or the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ directories.
If your game is installed in one of these directories or in any location you suspect may pose an issue - please move its files or reinstall it to a different location, like C:\Program Files (x86)\ or D:\Games, for example.
Run Overwolf as an Administrator ▾
If you are not an admin user on your system, you will have to run Overwolf as an administrator in order for the overlay to work properly with your games:
- Open Overwolf's installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\ by default)
- Right-click the OverwolfLauncher.exe file
- Select 'Properties'
- Go to 'Compatibility'
- Check the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK'
'Disable fullscreen optimizations' Option ▾
Please make sure that the game's 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is disabled:
- Open the game's installation folder
- Right click the game's process file (for example: 'csgo.exe') and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Compatibility' tab
- If the 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is checked, make sure to uncheck it and click 'Apply'
- Restart the game
Graphics Rendering API ▾
If the previous solutions did not help, please try to change the game's* Graphics API (*if such options exists in it).
For example, if the overlay is not working for Dota 2 try to select Vulkan instead of Direct3D 11.
*If the overlay is working but you're having trouble with a specific app please contact the app's development team for assistance.