We have decided to remove Overwolf support for Windows Insider versions due to technical issues. This means that Overwolf's overlay will not work on systems running Windows Insider OS.
To check if you're running a Windows Insider version or not, please open your system's settings, type in 'Windows Insider' and click on the search result:
This should take you to the Insider Program settings where you will see this screen if you are not in the program:
Or this screen if you are in the program:
If you are absolutely certain you wish to use Overwolf with Windows Insider, and acknowledge that different issues may occur as a result - you can use the following override steps that will allow you to run Overwolf and all of its features:
- Close Overwolf (if running)
- Open the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Overwolf\Setup (%ProgramData%\Overwolf\Setup)
- Locate the file called 'SetupInfo.ini'
- Right click the file and choose 'Edit'
- Under '[General]' start a new line and type in
AllowInsider=True, so the result would look like this:
- Restart Overwolf
If you're having trouble editing or saving the file, please open it as administrator.