If you're experiencing performance issues with your game, and you suspect it might be related to Overwolf, please have a look at the following list of causes and solutions:
First and foremost, it's important to make sure that your drivers are up to date. This includes your:
- Graphics card's drivers
- Sound drivers
- Windows OS
If you install any drivers updates, you should restart your PC in order for the changes to be applied.
If you're using any Overwolf apps that capture videos of your gameplay, it's possible that the capturing process is causing performance issues.
The process of capturing videos of your gameplay uses different system resources; RAM, CPU and GPU. These same resources are also responsible for running your game. This is why some effect on the game's FPS can be expected, but it's usually very minor and unnoticeable.
In case you're experiencing a significant effect on your game's performance, it's best to make sure that:
- Your system meets the minimum capturing requirements
- Your graphics card's drivers are up to date
- You have the correct codec set in Overwolf's capture settings
- Your encoding preset is set to "Default" or "Automatic"
- Your FPS and resolution capturing settings are not set too high (according to your system's specs)
- You don't have any other video capturing/streaming programs running at the same time, like OBS or Nvidia ShadowPlay
RivaTuner Statistics Server
RivaTuner Statistics Server is a software that usually comes bundled with the MSI Afterburner. It can conflict with Overwolf when both are running at the same time, and result in significant performance issues, game crashes and Overwolf crashes as well.
No worries, though - you can follow the suggested solutions in our "Overwolf and Conflicts with RivaTuner" article, to resolve the conflict and have both Overwolf and RivaTuner running at the same time without any interruptions.
We try to keep it simple, but there are some minimum requirements in order to run Overwolf properly:
- Operating System:
- Minimum: Windows 7 (64-bit, 32-bit is not supported / Windows 8 is not supported)
- Recommend: Windows 10 (64-bit) / Windows 11 (64-bit)
- 350MB on your hard drive
- In-game support: DirectX 8, DirectX 9, DirectX 11, DirectX12 and OpenGL
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- Minimum: Intel or AMD quad-core CPU
- Recommend: Intel i3/i5/i7 Gen7 CPU or AMD Ryzen 1Gen with 3 GHz or higher frequency
- Minimum: 8GB
- Recommend: 16GB
Still having trouble? Please contact us and we will do our best to help!