In some Windows operating systems, Windows Media Player is not enabled by default, which may cause some technical issues like a black screen when trying to play videos in-game with the Replay HUD app.
This may also affect the Game Capture app media player, so if you're trying to watch your recorded video you may encounter the following error message: "You need to install Windows Media Player 10 or above to view videos using Overwolf".
Don't worry! Your Window Media Player could be simply disabled in the Windows Features list, and you can follow the guide below to enable it:
- Open the "Start" menu
- Open the "Control Panel" window
- Open the "Programs and Features" window
- Click on the "Turn Windows features on or off" option which is located to your left
- Look for "Media Features" and expand it
- Check the box for "Windows Media Player"
- Click on "OK"
- Restart your PC
- Try to record a video
Still struggling? We got you covered :) Please contact us!