If you're having trouble getting Overwolf's overlay to work in game - this is the right place!
We have prepared a quick and easy troubleshooting guide to help you get the overlay up and running.
First and foremost - you should make sure that Overwolf's overlay is enabled for your game:
- Open Overwolf's Settings:
- Search for your game in the 'Overlay & Hotkeys' tab. If you can't see it there, you can try to add it manually (click the '+' icon) or launch it once in order for Overwolf to detect the game's process.
- Make sure the toggle at the right side of the game is on:
Overwolf is unable to detect games if they are installed within the system's C:\Windows or the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ directories.
If your game is installed in one of these directories or in any location you suspect may pose an issue - please move its files or reinstall it to a different location, like C:\Program Files (x86)\ or D:\Games, for example.
If you are not an admin user on your system, you will have to run Overwolf as an administrator in order for the overlay to work properly with your games:
- Open Overwolf's installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\ by default)
- Right-click the OverwolfLauncher.exe file
- Select 'Properties'
- Go to 'Compatibility'
- Check the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK'
Please make sure that the game's 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is disabled:
- Open the game's installation folder
- Right click the game's process file (for example: 'csgo.exe') and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Compatibility' tab
- If the 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is checked, make sure to uncheck it and click 'Apply'
- Restart the game
If the previous solutions did not help, please try to change the game's* Graphics API (*if such options exists in it).
For example, if the overlay is not working for Dota 2 try to select Vulkan instead of Direct3D 11.
*If the overlay is working but you're having trouble with a specific app please contact the app's development team for assistance.