This article will show you how to activate and manage your apps' assigned hotkeys for in-game control with Overwolf.
In order to avoid conflicting with different games' hotkeys, we are now introducing a new way to manage Overwolf apps hotkeys - all of the hotkeys of an app are managed per game. So for example, you can set the Browser app's hotkey to Ctrl+B in CS:GO, and set it to Ctrl+A in Apex Legends.
In addition, you can assign a certain hotkey in different games, and it will control a different app in each of them.
*The default hotkey for Overwolf's dock is Ctrl + Tab.
To assign / unassign hotkeys follow these steps:
- Go to your Overwolf settings (wrench icon on your Overwolf dock, or right click the Overwolf tray icon and choose "Settings")
- Navigate to the "Overlay & Hotkeys" tab on the left menu
- Choose a game from the list that you wish to edit they hotkeys for
- Click on the existing hotkey combination for a specific app for that game, and press the combination of your choice
- If you wish to unassign a hotkey, just hover over it and click on the "X" button when it appears
You may also choose to assign a specific hotkey to all the game (only for global apps, which support more than one game, like the Browser), just hover over it and click on the arrow icon when it appears.