Overwolf Window Capture Settings
Overwolf’s Game Capture app lets you record in-game and desktop footage easily and with great results.
By default, the video recorder will capture all of the Overwolf windows, except the video recorder window and the recording indicator.
If you’re recording some epic footage and want to customize the captured Overwolf windows, you can easily choose what will be recorded.
Window capture options:
- All windows – All of the Overwolf windows that are overlayed on top of the game will be captured.
- All, except the video recorder – All of the Overwolf windows, except the video recorder window and the recording indication, will be captured.
- Don’t capture any window – No Overwolf windows will be captured. Only the game will be recorded.
Note: Desktop capture will record everything that’s displayed on the desktop – that means all Overwolf windows as well.
Issues with OpenGL:
Currently OpenGL games don’t support the “All, except the video recorder” option, if you select this option it will record all of the Overwolf windows. So if you’re playing an OpenGL game, you can either switch to DirectX (when available) or choose either the “All windows” or “Don’t capture any window” options. Also, when using the “All windows” option.
OpenGL games supported by Overwolf:
- Awesomenauts (DX9 available)
- Broken Age
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
- Darkest Dungeon
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 (DX9 available)
- Farming Simulator 2013
- Farming Simulator 2015 (DX9 available)
- Heroes of Newerth (DX9 available)
- MapleStory (DX9 available)
- Papers; Please
- Prison Architect
- Project Zomboid
- Quake Live
- RuneScape (DX9 available)
- Tales from the Borderlands (DX9 available)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- Trove (DX11 available)