Users streaming with the Overwolf Twitch Streamer app and using the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset will encounter a “No_Playback_Device” error.
This issue occurs due to a coexistence issue between one of Razer’s process and Overwolf.
Currently, we are working with Razer developers to fix this compatibility issue. If you wish to force a temporary compatibility please use this workaround till we develop an internal fix.
1. Workaround for enabling Streaming with a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB Headset (Closing Razer process)
- Open up the Task Manager – press Ctrl+Shift+Escape or Control Alt + Delete and select Task Manager
- Look for the process called “kraken71chromahelper\kraken APO helper”
- Select this process
- Right click on the name and select “End process”
2. Workaround for enabling Streaming with a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB Headset (Activating Overwolf in administrator mode)
- Right click on Overwolf launcher icon
- Click on “Run as administrator”
- Start recording
This workaround is temporary and will need to be repeated every time you restart your computer if you wish to stream with the Razer Kraken USB 7.1 headset. NOTE – This may affect the performance of your headset, however in our testing we found that closing this process does not affect any performance of the headset.