1. How do I use the app?
Upon launching Starcraft II, a notification will pop-up indicating that the build orders are ready to be viewed.
By hitting Ctrl+Q the build orders list will pop-up where you'll be able to search for the build relevant to the current matchup. The build order window is draggable so you can position the window wherever is suitable for you. You may lock the screen by hitting Alt+Q. Pausing/Resuming the timer is possible by hitting F6. However, this may desynchronize app timer with the in-game timer.
2. Where do the builds come from, and how can I add my own?
All build orders are community-contributed on the Spawning Tool website, which is also where you can add your own. Many build orders are parsed from replays contributed on the Spawning Tool website.
3. Is it considered cheating to use this in-game or on the ladder?
4. How to change in-game hotkeys in Spawning Tool
The Spawning Tool Build Advisor uses hotkeys for several in-game actions, including:
- Ctrl+Q: Open the Build Advisor while in StarCraft
- Alt+Q: Lock the build order window so it is no longer draggable while in-game
- F6: Pause/unpause the build order timer in case the game itself is paused
However, we know that many of you have custom keyboard layouts to crush your enemies in glorious combat, so you can also customize these key bindings.
1. First, open up the Overwolf settings using the wrench icon from the side nav. If the Overwolf nav isn't visible, you can open it using Ctrl+Tab.
* Open it with Ctrl+Tab
2. From the Overwolf settings, open the "Hotkeys" tab and scroll down.
In the bottom of the list, you should find the "Spawning Tool Build Advisor", where you can see all of the hotkeys listed.
Update your hotkeys as you see fit, then save them. Close and re-open the Spawning Tool Build Advisor, and your new hotkeys should be ready to go!