We have found that some laptops and PC’s that have both Intel Quick Sync and an Nvidia NVENC capable graphic cards can be affected by a “black screen” in their recording instead of gameplay.
*Note – The very first thing you can do is making sure that your graphic card is updated.
Our dev team has found a way to overcome this issue, until a proper fix is released in a future version of Overwolf .
The issue seems to be related to which graphic card is assigned to Overwolf and your game. If your Overwolf process is set to use the Intel on-board graphics card and the game is set to use the Nvidia graphics card, you will get a black screen instead of the gameplay you recorded when you watch the video file.
For a temporary workaround to this issue, please follow these steps:
- Launch Overwolf
- Launch the Nvidia control panel (right click on the desktop)
- Open the Overwolf video recorder app and start recording
- Click on “Manage 3D settings”
- Go to the Program settings tab
- Click on “Add” and look for a program called “Overlay” (overwolfoverlayhelper.exe) and select it
- Stop the video recording
- Make sure the Overwolf overlay process uses the same graphics card as the game you’re trying to record
Here’s a video guide as well (not done by Overwolf) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUxboU7Zwg