Subscribing to an Overwolf app via Paypal is a way for you to:
- Support creators you appreciate.
- Empower apps you want to see growing and getting more features.
- Access special features and quality of life perks.
- Instantly remove ads from the app (the default way for them to pay the bills).
Beyond ad-free usage, each app is developing subscription-only features that will be announced by each creator individually in the coming weeks and months.
Subscribing made easy:
- Go to the Overwolf App page you would like to subscribe to
- Select the ‘Subscribe’ button at the top of the app page
- Complete your subscription via Paypal (more payment options coming soon!)
- Enjoy 30 days of premium features
Subscriptions are automatically renewed after 30 days, and you may change your plan from the Overwolf settings. You may also cancel any subscription at any time from your Overwolf settings, causing these apps to revert to free-to-use mode at the end of your current subscription period.
Frequently Asked Questions (and answers!)
- Can I subscribe using my credit card?
Regretfully, not yet. Paypal is the only payment method available right now, but we’re planning to unlock new methods including credit cards in the near future.
- When is my next payment?
Subscriptions charge every 30 days, counting from the day you made the first payment on.
- I subscribed to an external app, is this the same?
Some apps and app creators have external websites or desktop apps which do not run on Overwolf, and are out of our platform. These subscriptions will not gain any Overwolf subscription benefits and are unrelated to our products.
- What is a billing agreement?
A billing agreement with Paypal is how you enable Overwolf to charge once every 30 days to maintain your app subscription. Without a billing agreement, your subscription will be canceled after 30 days being unable to charge you again.
- How can I unsubscribe?
Canceling a subscription is just as easy as subscribing – just head to Overwolf’s settings, select the ‘Subscriptions’ tab and unsubscribe from any app instantly. You will still be able to enjoy premium features until the end of the current 30 days already subscribed.
- Can I use my subscription on multiple devices?
Absolutely! Subscriptions are bound to your Overwolf account, not to any specific PC, and you can use it across your devices. Note that abusing this or sharing your account with others can get flagged by automated tools that prevent it.
- Will paying a subscription remove ads from all Overwolf apps?
No. Subscriptions are a way to support an app creator directly, and get premium features for that particular app. Other Overwolf apps will not be affected in any way when subscribing or unsubscribing to a specific app.
- How can I get a refund?
If you encounter any issues or were billed wrongfully, please reach out to our support team.